- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Varly's Ice Cream & Pizza
Varly's Ice Cream & Pizza Review
Even though ice cream hardly seems like the thing you'd seek when in Alaska, hot days (and even not-so-hot days) beg for Varly's. If the weather's cold and rainy, pizza is the alternative fare. If you're not sure which way to lean, we wouldn't blame you if you opted for a little of each. The owners (of Varly's Swiftwater Seafood Café fame) take great pride in what they do, and it shows: the delicious pizza is homemade and something to write home about. It might sound frightening, but trust us when we say the Kraut—a pizza topped with sauerkraut and pepperoni (no kidding!)—is the best.
- Address: Lot 1A Triangle Lease Area, Whittier, AK 99693
- Phone: 907/472–2547
- Location: Whittier
- Closed Oct.–April.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to Alaska in the summer of 2015. Read more