- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast Adventure Co.
At a Glance
- friendly owners
- excellent food
- beautiful grounds
- although comfortable, you're still sleeping in a tent
Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast Adventure Co. Review
A step up the comfort ladder from camping, this beachfront establishment is reachable via water taxi from Homer. You stay in sturdy canvas-wall tents with carpeted floors and twin beds, and a large common room has hardwood floors and a piano. Prices vary depending on whether you do your own cooking or eat the gourmet seafood meals prepared by the staff. A propane stove and grill, as well as pots, pans, and picnic tables, are provided. Otherwise, host-prepared meals are hearty and served family style, and include garden-grown greens. A beach is great for walking and beachcombing; guided kayak trips and mountain bikes are available for an extra charge.
- Address: Mi 8, Jakalof Bay Rd., 8 mi east of Seldovia, Seldovia, AK | Map It
- Phone: 907/235–3633 in summer; 907/345–2571 in winter
- Website: www.tentandbreakfastalaska.com
- Location: Seldovia
- 6 tents.
- Closed Labor Day–Memorial Day.
- Seldovia, AK, 907/235 Ext. 3633
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Actually, we HAVE done an Alaskan cruise once before - southbound from Seward to Vancouver, same as this time. Read more