Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast Adventure Co.
At a Glance
- friendly owners
- excellent food
- beautiful grounds
- although comfortable, you're still sleeping in a tent
Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast Adventure Co. Review
A step up the comfort ladder from camping, this beachfront establishment is reachable via water taxi from Homer. You stay in sturdy canvas-wall tents with carpeted floors and twin beds, and a large common room has hardwood floors and a piano. Prices vary depending on whether you do your own cooking or eat the gourmet seafood meals prepared by the staff. A propane stove and grill, as well as pots, pans, and picnic tables, are provided. Otherwise, host-prepared meals are hearty and served family style, and include garden-grown greens. A beach is great for walking and beachcombing; guided kayak trips and mountain bikes are available for an extra charge.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We travelled to central/south-central Alaska for twelve days from June 25 to July 7. Except for a horribly rainy day in Denali, we ha... Read more
We went on a road trip to see Alaska in 2010. We started at Anchorage, driving south to Homer. Staying at Homer for 2 nights, went hik... Read more