- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Great Alaska Adventure Lodge
At a Glance
- right along the Sterling Highway
- right on the Sterling Highway
Check Rates from our Partners
Great Alaska Adventure Lodge Review
Midway between Seward and Homer, this lodge lives up to its name with activities that include natural history, soft-adventure options, and a remote bear-viewing camp. The fishing guides are top-notch, and seven world records have been set along the camp's riverbanks. Take 2- to 10-day trips with any-day arrivals and free Anchorage pick-up. Rates include lodging, meals, and most activities, and the basic fishing package—two days and one night, all expenses covered, including a fishing guide—runs $1,195 per person. Also available are group packages, plus a fly-out bear-viewing camp and boat-in kayaking camp. Rooms, which are in the main lodge or in riverside cabins, have fireplaces, artwork, and comfortable seating. Some of the cabins are two stories with spiral staircases.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more