- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
At a Glance
- down-home Alaska at its best
- shared bath
Check Rates from our Partners
Talkeetna Roadhouse Review
This circa-1917 log roadhouse has a common sitting area and rooms in a variety of sizes, including a hostel-style bunk room with four beds ($21), two rustic cabins ($99–$137)—one next door and one down the street—and an apartment over the museum ($147). Rooms are very basic: bed, table, window, period. Sizable breakfasts featuring sourdough pancakes from a 1902 starter and famous cinnamon rolls are the order of the day at the restaurant (¢), along with soup, desserts, and pies, all made from scratch daily. It's a popular place with locals and with climbers who use Talkeetna's air taxis to reach Mt. McKinley. In winter the café is open only on weekends and evenings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more