- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Varly's Swiftwater Seafood Café
Varly's Swiftwater Seafood Café Review
This is a great place to get the feel of Whittier. Place your order at the window and then grab a seat at the counter and wait for your food. There's outdoor seating that overlooks the small-boat harbor. Menu items include homemade chowders, hand-battered seafood, peel-and-eat shrimp, burgers, and chicken.
- Address: Harbor Loop, Whittier, AK 99693
- Phone: 907/472–2550
- Location: Whittier
- Closed mid-Sept.–May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to Alaska in the summer of 2015. Read more