- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Alaska 2014
Sunrise Inn Review
On the shore of Kenai Lake, this cheerful little restaurant dishes up homemade soups and chowders in an eclectic and very reasonably priced menu that also includes wraps and vegetarian items. Daily specials made from scratch and hand-grated french fries feature prominently in what the owners describe as a "backwoods bistro." There's a spotting scope in the parking lot for spying on the Dall sheep and mountain goats in the surrounding peaks. The bar hosts live music on most Saturdays in summer, and there's a great deck for when the weather's warm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Hello I will be arriving in Juneau May 8th via the Carnival Miracle, I was looking into doing the Mendenhall Trek and climb with the Above and Beyond company. Read more