- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Kachemak Bay State Park
Kachemak Bay State Park Review
Across Kachemak Bay from Homer Spit lies 400,000-acre Kachemak Bay State Park, one of the largest coastal parks in America. The park encompasses a line of snowcapped mountains and several large glaciers; the prominent one visible from the spit is called Grewingk Glacier. One of the most popular trails leads 2 mi, ending at the lake in front of Grewingk Glacier. Several state park cabins can be rented for $50–$65 a night, and a number of luxurious private lodges occupy remote coves.
Mako's Water Taxi. Park access is primarily by water taxi from the spit; contact Mako's Water Taxi 907/235–9055. www.makoswatertaxi.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
First time to Alaska in July here is our proposed Itinerary—any comments? Read more