- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Wildlife Viewing
Lu-Lu Belle. Valdez-based Lu-Lu Belle leads small-group whale-watching and wildlife-viewing cruises, and sailings past the Columbia Glacier, the largest glacier in Prince William Sound. The 1 pm departure boards promptly at 12:45. Valdez, AK. 800/411-0090. www.lulubelletours.com.
Stan Stephens Glacier & Wildlife Cruises. Stan Stephens Glacier & Wildlife Cruises leads Prince William Sound glacier and wildlife-viewing cruises to Columbia and Meares glaciers from mid-May through mid-September. Trips include narration on local commercial-fishing operations, as well as commentary on the Alyeska Pipeline terminal and history of defunct gold mines. Valdez, AK. 866/867-1297. www.stanstephenscruises.com.
Anadyr Adventures. Anadyr Adventures, in business since 1989, offers an array of kayaking and glacier adventures in Prince William Sound. Valdez, AK. 907/835-2814 or 800/865-2925. www.anadyradventures.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Boating and Wildlife Viewing
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe