- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Take the scenic ferry from either Whittier or Valdez along the Alaska Marine Highway, or catch a commercial flight from Anchorage. Once in town, the center is foot-friendly, but you'll want some wheels for heading down the Copper River Highway.
Though there isn't much in the way of paved road in Cordova, you can still drive the remnants of the scenic Copper River Highway, which takes you past Childs Glacier and the Million Dollar Bridge.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe