- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This community of a few more than 500 residents is the gateway to Wrangell–St. Elias National Park and Preserve. It's 124 miles from Glennallen to McCarthy, the last 58 miles on unpaved gravel. It is also the service center for the Copper River basin and is a fly-in base for several wilderness outfitters.
Elsewhere in Mat-Su Valley and Beyond
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's