- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Biking the Kenai Peninsula
The Kenai Peninsula offers outstanding opportunities for mountain bikers seeking thigh-busting challenges amid extraordinary scenery. Crescent Creek Trail (at Mile 44.9 of Sterling Highway; drive 3 mi to the trailhead at end of gravel road); Devil's Pass (at Mile 39.5 of Seward Highway); Johnson Pass (at Miles 32.6 and 63.7 of Seward Highway); and the Resurrection trail systems offer miles of riding for a wide range of expertise. Cyclists here are subject to highly fickle mountain weather patterns. But remember that you're never really alone in wild Alaska: be sure to bring along bear spray and bug dope (repellent).
Department of Natural Resources. For maps and descriptions of trails, visit the state Department of Natural Resources website. Hope, AK. www.dnr.alaska.gov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe