- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
True North Kayak Adventures. Several local companies offer guided sea-kayaking trips to protected coves within Kachemak Bay State Park and nearby islands. True North Kayak Adventures has a range of such adventures, including a six-hour paddle to Elephant Rock for $130 and an all-day boat and kayak trip to Yukon Island for $150 (both trips include round-trip water taxi to the island base camp, guide, all kayak equipment, and bakery lunch). Homer, AK. 907/235-0708. www.truenorthkayak.com.
Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast. For something more unusual, book an overnight trip to Kasitsna Bay through the beautiful Across the Bay Tent & Breakfast. Grounds are gorgeous, facilities are basic, and guests can take kayak tours, rent a mountain bike, or just hang out on the shore and participate in workshops on topics like fish-skin basketry, wildlife photography, and permaculture design. Homer, AK. 907/235-3633; 907/345-2571 Sept.-May. www.tentandbreakfastalaska.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Sea Kayaking
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe