- Fishing In summer, salmon fill the rivers, which you can fish with a guide from your own boat or from the bank. Fishing for halibut and rockfish is also possible from charter boats out of Homer or Seward.
- Wildlife Urban moose, black and brown bears, sea lions, Dall sheep, gray whales, and bald eagles are all common in the region.
- Scenery Boasting views of volcanoes and mountains that fall right into the water, the Kenai Peninsula is a buffet for the eyes.
- Glaciers Get up close and personal with glaciers on a tour to ski, dogsled, or hike a glacier’s surface, or paddle out to one.
- Accessibility With a network of roads and ferries, this region is easily accessible. No matter where you go in the region, you're only a few steps away from the wilderness.
Need trip ideas? Check out our curated collections of destinations around the globe.More