This octagonal museum that dates from 1895 contains priceless Native Alaskan items collected by Dr. Sheldon Jackson (1834–1909), who traveled the remote regions of Alaska as an educator and missionary. The collection represents every Native Alaska culture. On display are carved masks, Chilkat blankets, dogsleds, kayaks, and even the impressive helmet worn by Chief Katlian during an 1804 battle against the Russians. The museum's small but well-stocked gift shop carries
books, paper goods, and handicrafts created by Alaska Native artists.
104 College Dr., Sitka, Alaska, 99835, United States