The Russian–American Company built this registered historic landmark for Bishop Innocent Veniaminov. Completed in 1843 and one of Alaska’s few remaining Russian-built log structures, the house, which faces the harbor, contains exhibits on the history of Russian America. In several places, portions of the structure are peeled away to expose Russian building techniques. The ground level is a free museum. Park Service rangers lead guided tours of the second floor, which
holds the residential quarters and a chapel.
501 Lincoln St., Sitka, Alaska, 99835, United States
907-747–0107-Sitka National Historical Park office