- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alaska Fjordlines. Passengers board a high-speed catamaran at 8 am and stop along the way to watch sea lions, humpbacks, and other marine mammals on this popular day tour from Skagway and Haines to Juneau and back. The boat gets to Juneau at 11 am, where a bus transports visitors into town and to Mendenhall Glacier, returning to the boat at 5:30 pm for the ride back to Skagway, where the boat returns at 8:15 pm. One-way service is also available. Skagway, AK. 907/766–3395 or 800/320–0146. www.alaskafjordlines.com.
Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry. Take a fast passenger catamaran ferry between Skagway and Haines with Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry, with service several times a day in summer. The trip is about 45 minutes each way. 39 Beach Rd., Skagway, AK, 99840. 907/766–2100 or 888/766–2103. www.hainesskagwayfastferry.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's