- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Side Trips from Juneau
A few miles outside this ever-expanding city are some great day trips. The area's undisputed champion of visitor attractions is Mendenhall Glacier. Admiralty Island is also popular—it has hikes through rain forest, excellent bear viewing, and secluded sea kayaking.
Side Trips from Juneau at a Glance
Places To Explore
Elsewhere in Inside Passage
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's