- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Sgt. Preston's Lodge
At a Glance
- convenient to the cruise-ship and ferry docks
- has a handicapped-accessible room
- pets allowed for a small fee
- some rooms are shaped oddly
- some rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Sgt. Preston's Lodge Review
This four-building lodge—which feels more like a motel—occupies a former army barracks. Some rooms are spacious and revamped, while others are cramped and oddly shaped. The property offers one of the few handicapped-accessible rooms in Skagway. All are priced accordingly, and the lodge's downtown location and proximity to the cruise-ship and ferry docks (a short walk to each) make it a good choice for budget-conscious travelers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more