- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
The Narrows Inn
At a Glance
- great views of Tongass in selected rooms
- complimentary continental breakfast
- freezer available for fish storage
- inconvenient location
- not all rooms have good views
Check Rates from our Partners
The Narrows Inn Review
Three miles from the center of town and ¼ mile north of the airport parking lot, the Narrows is a modern lodge, where rustic wood trim enlivens the small rooms with simple furniture. Waterside rooms, including three spacious suites, have balconies overlooking Tongass Narrows—a good place to watch seals, otters, and eagles. Ask for a room with a view unobstructed by the restaurant. The inn offers a courtesy van to anywhere within the city limits, but if you don't feel like riding into town for dinner, the property has a delicious steak-and-seafood restaurant with limited hours. Thornlow's Waterfront bar offers patrons free use of binoculars.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more