- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Alaska 2014
Gold Creek Salmon Bake
Gold Creek Salmon Bake Review
Trees, mountains, and the rushing water of Salmon Creek surround the comfortable, canopy-covered benches and tables at this authentic salmon bake. Fresh-caught salmon is cooked over an alder fire and served with a succulent sauce. For $44 there is all-you-can-eat salmon, pasta, and chicken along with baked beans, rice pilaf, salad bar, corn bread, and blueberry cake. Wine and beer are extra. After dinner you can pan for gold in the stream, wander up the hill to explore the remains of the Wagner gold mine, or roast marshmallows over the fire. A round-trip bus ride from downtown is included; arrangements should be made in advance through Alaska Travel Adventures.
- Address: 1061 Salmon Lane Rd., Juneau, AK 99801 | Map It
- Phone: 907/789–0052; 800/323–5757
- Hours: Lunch and dinner, May–Sept.
- Website: www.bestofalaskatravel.com/alaska_day_tours/pages/j_gold_creek_salmon.htm
- Location: Juneau
- Closed Oct.–Apr.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
KGSGirls is dedicated to create an exciting environment between him and her by providing a trustworthy information, were the person you see on the online magazine is a real one not a fake photoshop edit. Read more
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
I know Alaska is known for being very casual. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more