- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dalton City Review
The four-day-long Southeast Alaska State Fair, held the last week of July, is one of several official regional blowouts, and thanks to its homespun feel it's a must for state fair fans. In addition to a logging show and a fisherman's rodeo, the fair has live music, rides on a vintage 1920 Herschal-Spillman carousel, local culinary arts, Native dances, totemic crafts, art, and photography.
Southeast Alaska State Fairgrounds. An 1890s gold-rush town was re-created for the movie White Fang and moved to the Southeast Alaska State Fairgrounds, less than a mile from downtown. Dalton City, 99827. 907/766-2476. www.seakfair.org.
Haines Brewing Company. The movie-set buildings now house local businesses, including the Haines Brewing Company. Dalton City, 99827. 907/766-3823. email@example.com. www.hainesbrewing.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
We have done a fair amount of traveling (often with help from these forums) and so people are always asking us where we are going next. Read more
My husband and I really wanted to get to Alaska this year, but due to scheduling conflicts the only time-frame we could make it work was the last weekend of September through the first week of October. Read more
I had a chance to spent some time on a cruise ship traveling around North America,
so wanted to share some pictures from the trip; hope you will enjoy it!
http://www.allphotobangkok.com/index.php/around-north-america-cruise-ship-travel/ Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more