- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nolan Center Review
Wrangell's museum moved into a building that acts as a centerpiece for cultural life in Wrangell. Exhibits provide a window on the region's rich history. Featured pieces include the oldest known Tlingit house posts dating from the late 18th century, decorative posts from Chief Shakes's clan house, petroglyphs, century-old spruce-root and cedar-bark baskets, masks, gold-rush memorabilia, and a fascinating photo collection. If you're spending any time in town, don't pass this up.
Civic Center. Also in the building are the town's Civic Center, a 200-seat movie theater–performance space–convention center, and the Wrangell Visitor Center. The latter is staffed when the museum is open, and has details on local adventure options. 296 Campbell Dr., 99929. 907/874–2829 or 800/367–9745. www.wrangellalaska.org.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Actually, we HAVE done an Alaskan cruise once before - southbound from Seward to Vancouver, same as this time. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more