- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Totem Heritage Center
Totem Heritage Center Review
Gathered from uninhabited Tlingit and Haida village sites, many of the authentic Native totems in this rare collection are well over a century old—a rare age for cedar carvings, which are frequently lost to decay in Southeast's exceedingly wet climate. The center also features guided tours and displays crafts of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian cultures. Outside are several more poles carved in the three decades since this center opened. The center offers an annual series of classes, workshops, and seminars related to Northwest Coast Native art and culture.
- Address: 601 Deermount St., Ketchikan, AK 99901 | Map It
- Phone: 907/225–5900
- Cost: $5
- Hours: May–Sept., daily 8–5; Oct.–Apr., Mon.–Fri. 1–5
- Website: www.city.ketchikan.ak.us/departments/museums/totem.html
- Location: Ketchikan
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more