- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Harbor and Air Tours
Alaska Travel Adventures. The company's backcountry Jeep trips are fun, as are the 20-person canoe outings perfect for people just dipping their toes into (very) soft adventure travel. Ketchikan, AK. 800/323–5757 or 907/247–5295. www.bestofalaskatravel.com.
Allen Marine Tours. One of Southeast's largest and best-known tour operators, Allen Marine Tours leads Misty Fiords National Monument catamaran tours throughout the summer. The company also offers combo motorcoach and walking tours of Ketchikan sites that end with a water-jet-powered cruise into the Tongass Narrows. 5 Salmon Landing, Ketchikan, AK, 99901. 907/225–8100 or 877/686–8100. www.allenmarinetours.com.
Southeast Aviation. Head out on a floatplane to tour the glaciers and mountains of Misty Fiords National Monument. Charters are available. 1249 Tongass Ave., Ketchikan, AK, 99901. 907/225–2900 or 888/359–6478. www.southeastaviation.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe