- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alaska Canopy Adventures. Often associated with rain forests of the tropical sort, canopy tours are Ketchikan's fastest-growing outdoor activity. Featuring a series of zip-lines, aerial boardwalks, and suspension bridges, canopy tours provide an up-close view of the coastal forests. At Alaska Canopy Adventures—a course at the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary, 8.4 miles south of town—the longest of the tour's eight zip-lines stretches more than 800 feet, and whisks you along some 130 feet off the ground. Book online or with your cruise line. 116 Wood Rd., Ketchikan, AK, 99901. 907/225-5503. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.alaskacanopy.com.
Southeast Exposure. A rain-forest zip-line and ropes course is offered through Southeast Exposure, a well-known kayaking outfit in the area. 37 Potter Rd., Ketchikan, AK, 99901. 907/225-8829. email@example.com. www.southeastexposure.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel