- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Alaska Whale Watching. The company offers small-group excursions (up to 12 guests) aboard a luxury yacht with an onboard naturalist as well as a whale-watching-fishing combination tour, which is popular with multigenerational groups. Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/321-5859 or 888/432-6722. email@example.com. www.akwhalewatching.com.
Juneau Sportfishing & Sightseeing. Several companies lead whale-watching trips from Juneau. Juneau Sportfishing & Sightseeing has been around for many years, and its boats carry a maximum of six passengers, providing a personalized trip. Juneau, AK. 907/586-1887. www.juneausportfishing.com.
Orca Enterprises (with Captain Larry). Take whale-watching tours via jet boats designed for comfort and speed with Orca Enterprises (with Captain Larry). The operator boasts a whale-sighting success rate of 99.9% between May 1 and October 15. 495 South Franklin St., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/789-6801 or 888/733-6722. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.alaskawhalewatching.com.
Weather Permitting Alaska. Take small-boat luxury whale-watching trips that last four hours, including van travel, with Weather Permitting Alaska. Visitors get plenty of time to view whales and to look for other animals, including orcas, bears, sea lions, eagles, and porpoises, all while enjoying dramatic scenery. There are never more than six customers on a trip, making this one of the most flexible, intimate, and comprehensive whale-watches anywhere. The boat is stable and roomy. All trips include generous snacks featuring shrimp or salmon and homemade brownies along with nonalcoholic beverages. There is a money-back guarantee for whale viewing. The boat captain is a certified Wilderness First Aid Responder and is certified in swift water rescue and proficiency in survival craft. 19400 Beardsley Way, Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/209-4221. CaptainGreg@weatherpermittingalaska.com. www.weatherpermittingalaska.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly
- $699 -- 7-Night Alaska & Glacier Cruise, Save $250 — $699 CruisesOnly
- $579 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Glacier Cruise, R/T Seattle — $579 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $549 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Celebrity — $549 American Express Travel
- $449 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Glacier Cruise on Princess — $449 American Express Travel