- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Gastineau Guiding. This company leads a variety of hikes in the Juneau area. Especially popular are the walks from the top of the tram on Mt. Roberts. 1330 Eastaugh Way, Suite 2, Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586–8231. www.stepintoalaska.com.
Parks and Recreation Department. In Juneau, the Parks and Recreation Department sponsors a group hike every Wednesday morning and an additional hike on Saturday in the summer. 155 S. Seward St., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586–5226; 907/586–0428 24-hr information. www.juneau.org/parkrec/hike.
U.S. Forest Service. Hikers can contact the U.S. Forest Service for trail books and maps. 8510 Mendenhall Loop Rd. (Juneau Ranger District office), Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/586–8790.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe