- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Eaglecrest. Southeast Alaska's only downhill ski area, Eaglecrest, is on Douglas Island, 30 minutes from downtown Juneau. The resort typically offers late-November to mid-April skiing and snowboarding on 620 acres of well-groomed and off-piste terrain. Amenities include four double chairlifts, cross-country trails, a beginner's platter pull, a ski school, a ski-rental shop, a cafeteria, and a tri-level day lodge. Enjoy the northern lights while you night ski from January through mid-March. 3000 Fish Creek Rd., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/790–2000; 907/586–5330 recorded ski information. www.juneau.org/eaglecrest.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe