- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating, Canoeing, and Kayaking
Above & Beyond Alaska. In the Juneau area, Above & Beyond Alaska guides day and overnight camping, ice climbing, Mendenhall Glacier trips, and sea-kayaking trips. Auke Bay, AK, 99821. 907/364-2333. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.beyondak.com.
Adventure Bound Alaska. All-day trips to Sawyer Glacier within Tracy Arm in summer are available from Adventure Bound Alaska. 76 Egan Dr., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/463-2509 or 800/228-3875. email@example.com. www.adventureboundalaska.com.
Alaska Boat and Kayak Rental. Rent kayaks, canoes, and camping equipment at the Auke Bay boat harbor 12 miles north of Juneau. The company also provides water-taxi services for kayakers looking to access remote paddling terrain. 11521 Glacier Hwy., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/789-6886. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.juneaukayak.com.
Alaska Discovery. Alaska Discovery, operated by Mountain Travel Sobek, leads 9- and 12-day trips down the Tatshenshini and Alsek rivers. Juneau, AK, 99801. 510/594-6000 or 800/586-1911.
Alaska Travel Adventures. Alaska Travel Adventures leads Mendenhall River floats and numerous other tours throughout the Juneau area. Juneau, AK, 99801. 800/323-5757; 907/789-0052 outside Alaska. email@example.com. www.bestofalaskatravel.com.
Juneau Steamboat Company. Scenic tours of the Gastineau Channel aboard an authentic wood-fired steam launch—similar to those used around Juneau in the late 1800s and early 1900s—come with entertaining narration about the historic mines of the area. 3328 Fritz Cove Rd., Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/723-0372. www.juneausteamboat.com.
Allen Marine Tours. Family-owned Allen Marine Tours offers catamaran trips to Tracy Arm fjord, whale-watching adventures out of Auke Bay, and several land-and-water combination tours. Juneau, AK, 99801. 907/789-0081 or 888/289-0081. Juneauinfo@allenmarine.com. www.allenmarinetours.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $749 -- Weeklong Glacier Cruise on Norwegian, Save $210 CruisesOnly
- $699 -- 7-Night Alaska & Glacier Cruise, Save $250 — $699 CruisesOnly
- $579 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Glacier Cruise, R/T Seattle — $579 Norwegian Cruise Line
- $549 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Celebrity — $549 American Express Travel
- $449 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Glacier Cruise on Princess — $449 American Express Travel