- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Fishing
Alaska Fjordlines. Alaska Fjordlines operates a high-speed catamaran from Skagway and Haines to Juneau and back throughout the summer, stopping along the way to watch sea lions, humpbacks, and other marine mammals. One-way service is also available. Haines, AK, 99827. 907/766–3395 or 800/320–0146. www.alaskafjordlines.com.
Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry. Take a passenger catamaran ferry between Skagway and Haines provided by Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry, with special package rates for visitors who book a ride on Skagway's White Pass Summit Train. The service is offered several times a day in summer, and the trip takes 45 minutes each way. 39 Beach Rd., Haines, AK, 99827. 907/766–2100 or 888/766–2103. www.hainesskagwayfastferry.com.
River Adventures. The jet-boat tours offered by River Adventures are a great way to experience the bald eagle preserve in majestic Chilkat River valley. Haines, AK, 99827. 907/766–2050 or 800/478–9827. www.jetboatalaska.com.
Haines Convention and Visitors Bureau. For information on numerous sportfishing charter boats in Haines, contact the Haines Convention and Visitors Bureau. 122 Second Ave., Haines, AK, 99827. 907/766–2234 or 800/458–3579. www.haines.ak.us.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe