- Native art and culture Ancestral home of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian, Southeast is dedicated to preserving Native heritage. Native crafts include totem poles and masks.
- Rivers of ice Visitors relish the opportunity to walk on Southeast's accessible glaciers or to admire them on flightseeing or kayak trips.
- Tongass National Forest America's largest national forest is home to bears, bald eagles, Sitka black-tailed deer, wolves, and marine mammals.
- Fishing nirvana Southeast is an angler's paradise. The region's healthy populations of salmon and halibut—as well as the wealth of charter boats and fishing lodges—make this a premier fishing destination.
- Taking the ferry The Alaska Marine Highway is the primary means of transportation here. It's a low-cost, high-adventure alternative to cruising, and an easy way to spend time talking to Alaskans.
80° BY THE SEA
Looking for a beach vacation? Let us help you find the right spot.More