Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Denali Education Center
At a Glance
- located on 10 acres
- nature trail where you can search for owls
- quality educational and immersion experiences
- bare-bones and outdated cabins with a summer-camp feel
Check Rates from our Partners
Denali Education Center Review
Situated on 10 acres of forest across from Denali National Park, this nonprofit offers something for everybody. You can rent a cabin with a shared bath or take part in intensive learning experiences that range from a variety of all-inclusive weeklong Road Scholar programs to weeklong youth programs, including hands-on research in conjunction with the National Park Service or backpacking trips for high schoolers. The center is open to both individuals and groups, although there are times when it's blacked out for groups, so check well in advance if you plan to stay here. On the first weekend of August the center sponsors the Fundraising Auction. The festival draws in hundreds of people and thousands of articles for sale, all for a fantastic cause. New for 2012 is a "Denali Bug Camp" for budding entomologists.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
anybody out there who knows both tours?
We are not sure, if a tour from Seward is nicer/better/more intense/with more glaciers to see than tours wich start from Whittier.
The Seward-tours travel to Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more