Fodor's Alaska 2014
229 Parks Restaurant and Tavern
229 Parks Restaurant and Tavern Review
Even if this hot spot didn't serve amazing food, the graceful timber-frame design, inviting atmosphere, and elaborate elm etchings would be enough to draw in crowds. But chef and owner Laura Cole directs a scratch kitchen that serves local produce; grass-fed, free-range meat; homemade ice cream and breads; and delectable imports. With its own vegetable gardens and sourcing from small, nearby producers, this is as organic and local as you can get without doing the hunting and gathering yourself. Menus change daily, according to availability. From handmade pappardelle pasta with reindeer sausage and leeks to wild-caught Alaskan weather-vane scallops with crisped prosciutto, Laura knows how to make food come to life. The restaurant takes reservations and may be the only place in Denali that can book up entirely, so plan ahead.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Hello I will be arriving in Juneau May 8th via the Carnival Miracle, I was looking into doing the Mendenhall Trek and climb with the Above and Beyond company. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more