Denali River Cabins and Cedars Lodge
At a Glance
- river views and Finnish sauna
- propane grills available
- cabins crowded together
- property situated near other resorts
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Denali River Cabins and Cedars Lodge Review
The cabins, clustered along the glacially fed Nenana River, are next to McKinley Village Lodge, 7 miles south of the park entrance. A boardwalk connects the cedar-sided log cabins, most with double beds, and leads to spacious sundecks, as well as to the river. Cedars Lodge has standard, fully furnished hotel rooms and a restaurant open for breakfast and dinner. The management operates park excursions and a courtesy shuttle service to and from the train depot. There is nothing fancy about this lodging, but it's inexpensive for the area and it puts you near the action.
- Address: Mile 231.1, Parks Hwy., Denali National Park, AK 99755 | Map It
- Phone: 800/230–7275; 907/374–3041 year-round; 907/683–8000 June 1–Sept. 15
- Website: www.seedenali.com
- Location: Along the George Parks Highway
- 48 rooms, 54 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Actually, we HAVE done an Alaskan cruise once before - southbound from Seward to Vancouver, same as this time. Read more
· News & Features
With its rich history, intoxicating culture, and gorgeous mix of architecture, Cambodia serves up sights... Read more
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more