Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Denali River Cabins and Cedars Lodge
At a Glance
- river views and Finnish sauna
- propane grills available
- cabins crowded together
- property situated near other resorts
Check Rates from our Partners
Denali River Cabins and Cedars Lodge Review
The cabins, clustered along the glacially fed Nenana River, are next to McKinley Village Lodge, 7 miles south of the park entrance. A boardwalk connects the cedar-sided log cabins, most with double beds, and leads to spacious sundecks, as well as to the river. Cedars Lodge has standard, fully furnished hotel rooms and a restaurant open for breakfast and dinner. The management operates park excursions and a courtesy shuttle service to and from the train depot. There is nothing fancy about this lodging, but it's inexpensive for the area and it puts you near the action.
- Address: Mile 231.1, Parks Hwy., Denali National Park, AK 99755 | Map It
- Phone: 800/230–7275; 907/374–3041 year-round; 907/683–8000 June 1–Sept. 15
- Website: www.seedenali.com
- Location: Along the George Parks Highway
- 48 rooms, 54 cabins.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late May.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
Debating whether to take a cruise or just fly to alaska and tour: For first time trip, what do you recommend if we want to see the most scenic places? Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more