Denali National Park and Preserve Feature
Top Reasons to Go
Backcountry hiking: Getting off the road system and into the park's managed units allows for a true wilderness experience, limited only by time and the strength of your legs. For on-trail hiking try Savage River or Mt. Healy Overlook Trail.
Denali flightseeing: Soar over river valleys and up glaciers to the slopes of Denali to see the continent's wildest scenery. Some tours also offer landings on Ruth Glacier.
Sled-dog demonstrations: Watch half-hour demonstrations at the nation's oldest working dogsled kennel. Since the 1920s, sled dogs have been hauling rangers and workers to Denali's interior.
Rafting trip: Experience Denali in its wild rapids or serene flat water.
Bus to Wonder Lake: It takes all day, but your chances of spotting wildlife are excellent. And from Wonder Lake the view of the massive slopes of Mt. McKinley—Denali—is something you'll never forget.Updated: 01-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's