Winter Sports in Denali National Park and Preserve
Snowshoers and skiers generally arrive with their own gear and park or camp at the Riley Creek Campground at the park entrance. Dog mushing can also be done with your own team, or you can contact one of the park concessionaires that run day or multiday trips.
Denali Dog Sled Adventures. This operation offers one- to four-hour trips, including an "Into the Wild" trip with sites from Jon Krakauer's book; they also run up to 10-day excursions. Dog sled trips start from $125, and can be customized. Rooms at the EarthSong Lodge—cabins with nice views—start at $165. Mile 4, Stampede Rd., Healy, AK, 99743. 907/683–2863. email@example.com. www.earthsonglodge.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe