- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From mid-May through mid-September, the Alaska Railroad runs daily between Anchorage and Seward; daily between Anchorage and Fairbanks via Talkeetna and Denali National Park and Preserve; and daily between Anchorage and Whittier, Portage, Spencer Whistle Stop, and Grandview. Winter service is available once each month from Anchorage to Talkeetna and, weekly, a round-trip from Anchorage to Fairbanks and back. Call for schedule and fare information.
Alaska Railroad (907/265–2494 or 800/544–0552. www.akrr.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's