- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Glenn Highway enters Anchorage from the north and becomes 5th Avenue near Merrill Field; this route will lead you directly into Downtown. Gambell Street leads out of town to the south, becoming New Seward Highway at about 20th Avenue. South of town, it becomes the Seward Highway. If you bring your RV or rent one on arrival, know that parking an RV Downtown on weekdays is challenging. There's a big parking lot on 3rd Avenue between C and E streets. Parking is usually not a problem in other parts of town. You can find an up-to-date parking map of Downtown at www.anchoragedowntown.org (click on Parking under the About Downtown tab).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's