- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Gwennie's Old Alaskan Restaurant
Gwennie's Old Alaskan Restaurant Review
Historic Alaskan photos, mounted animals, and memorabilia adorn this old family favorite just south of the city center toward the airport. Lunch and dinners are available, but the restaurant is best known for its old-fashioned breakfasts, available all day. Try the sourdough pancakes, reindeer sausage and eggs, or crab omelets. Portions are very generous—a serving of fries alone can feed a small family. Don't expect anything fancy; this is diner food in an Alaskana-filled setting.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
We are setting up a schedule for our 3 weeks trip in September 2014 through Alaska and the Yukon.
Right now we are clueless about the following:
Our last part of the trip could roughly be
Tok Read more
· News & Features
Got cabin fever? ... Read more
Anchorage's charming, garden-fronted Copper Whale Inn, ideally situated within walking distance of mos... Read more
Unfolding on the fringes of the ring-shaped auroral oval that circles the globe's Arctic realms, the aurora... Read more