- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Complete Guide to Alaska Cruises
Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill
Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill Review
Windows overlooking Cook Inlet vistas, along with the high ceilings and a classic brass-and-wood interior, have long made this an Anchorage favorite. The menu includes prime rib (aged 28 days) and other steak-house favorites, but the main attraction is fresh Alaska seafood. Try the king crab legs or the seafood fettuccine, and for dessert the brandy ice: vanilla ice cream whipped with brandy, Kahlúa, and crème de cacao. The bar is a great spot for wine, single-malt scotch, and martinis; the best tables are adjacent to tall windows facing the water. Reservations recommended.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Alaska Road Trip July 16-30, 2013
Tues. Read more
In June, I travelled with Norwegian sun and visited 3 port of calls(Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway). Read more
-Is there what to do in valdez besides keystone canyon falls- is it worth making the 6 hour round trip from matanuska glacier in palmer, alaska, just to see the falls?
-are the roads all paved to valdez, Read more
· News & Features
Got cabin fever? ... Read more
Anchorage's charming, garden-fronted Copper Whale Inn, ideally situated within walking distance of mos... Read more
Unfolding on the fringes of the ring-shaped auroral oval that circles the globe's Arctic realms, the aurora... Read more