Alaska Zoo Review
Roam the trails and visit with the polar bears, caribou, brown and black bears, seals, tigers, snow leopards, moose, wolves, lynx, and a large array of birds that call the Alaska Zoo home. Along with a major facility upgrade with a new entrance cabin and gift shop in 2009, the zoo has also upgraded its mission statement to concentrate on promoting the conservation of arctic and subarctic animal species. Throughout the summer, daily two-hour tours include two behind-the-scenes stops.
- Address: 4731 O'Malley Rd., 2 miles east of New Seward Hwy., South Anchorage, Anchorage, AK, 99507 | Map It
- Phone: 907/346–3242
- Cost: $12, $6 kids 3–17, free kids 2 and under
- Hours: June–Aug, daily 9–9; May and Sept., daily 9–6; Mar., Apr., and Oct., daily 10–5; Nov.–Feb., daily 10–4; winter closing hrs may vary with conditions
- Website: www.alaskazoo.org
- Location: Greater Anchorage