- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Anchorage Restaurant Reviews
Anchorage's dining scene has, to the relief of repeat visitors and, even more so, locals, been on the rise for the past several years. Established (and still highly recommended) restaurants like Jens’ and Marx Bros. Café have been joined by the likes of the small-plate and wine-focused Crush Wine Bistro and Cellar and the Pacific Rim cuisine–focused Ginger. No matter the restaurant, the local catch is a frequent star. Beware: eating salmon or halibut in-state may ruin you for fish served in the Lower 48. Anchorage also offers up plenty of worldly flavors thanks to the city's ethnic diversity. And nobody should leave Anchorage without trying the local fast-food specialty: a reindeer hot dog or sausage from the cart in front of the courthouse on 4th Avenue. Smoking is not allowed in Anchorage restaurants.
Browse Anchorage Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's