Nightlife & the Arts in Anchorage
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Anchorage does not shut down when it gets dark—well, that is when it actually does get dark (it’s still light at 3 am in the summer!). Bars here—and throughout Alaska—open early (in the morning) and close as late as 3 am on weekends. There's a ban on smoking in bars and bingo parlors, as well as in restaurants. The listings in the Anchorage Daily News entertainment section, published on Friday, and in the free weekly Anchorage Press (www.anchoragepress.com) cover concerts, theater performances, movies, and a roundup of nightspots featuring live music.
Browse Anchorage Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's