Baseball in Anchorage
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Two summer baseball teams made up of college students play at Mulcahy Stadium next to the Sullivan Arena. The games played here are intense—many players have gone on to star in Major League Baseball.
Anchorage Bucs. The Anchorage Bucs have sent many players to the majors, including standouts Wally Joyner, Jeff Kent, and Jered Weaver. Anchorage, AK. 907/561–2827. www.anchoragebucs.com.
Glacier Pilots. The most famous player on the Glacier Pilots was Mark McGwire, but many other pre–major leaguers have played for them over the years, including future Hall of Famer Randy Johnson and current standout Jacoby Ellsbury. Anchorage, AK. 907/274–3627. www.glacierpilots.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's