Running and Walking in Anchorage
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Running and Walking
Alaska Public Lands Information Center. Pick up a guide to local trails before you head out. They're available at the Alaska Public Lands Information Center or area bookstores. 605 W. 4th Ave., Downtown, Anchorage, AK, 99501. 907/644–3661 or 866/869-6887. www.alaskacenters.gov.
Alaska Run for Women. A number of popular running events are held annually in Anchorage, including the Alaska Run for Women in early June, which raises money for the fight against breast cancer. Anchorage, AK. www.akrfw.org.
Heart Run. The late-April Heart Run is a fund-raiser for the American Heart Association's work to prevent heart disease. Anchorage, AK. www.heartrun.com.
Mayor's Marathon. More than 4,000 runners participate in the Mayor's Marathon, which features five races folded into one: a marathon, marathon relay, half-marathon, 5.6 miler, and 1.6-mile youth cup. The race is held annually on the Saturday closest to summer solstice (June 21). Anchorage, AK. www.mayorsmarathon.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's