Baseball in Anchorage
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Two summer collegiate baseball teams play at Mulcahy Stadium next to the Sullivan Arena. The games played here are intense—many players have gone on to star in the major leagues.
Anchorage Bucs. The Anchorage Bucs have sent many players to the majors, including standouts Wally Joyner, Jeff Kent, and Jered Weaver. Anchorage, AK. 907/561–2827. www.anchoragebucs.com.
Glacier Pilots. The most famous player on the Glacier Pilots was Mark McGwire, but many other pre–major leaguers have played for them over the years, including future Hall of Famer Randy Johnson and current standout Jacoby Ellsbury. Anchorage, AK. 907/274–3627. www.glacierpilots.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe