Golf in Anchorage
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Anchorage is Alaska's golfing capital, with several public courses. They won't compare to offerings in Phoenix or San Diego, but courses are open until 10 pm on long summer days, and at some courses the mountain views put most other courses to shame.
Anchorage Golf Course. Anchorage Golf Course has 18 holes and, as of the 2011 season, a new pro shop and bar. 3651 O'Malley Rd., South Anchorage, Anchorage, AK, 99507. 907/522-3363. www.anchoragegolfcourse.com. 18 holes. 6,600 yds. Par 72. Green Fee: $37/$63. Facilities: Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant, bar.
For information on other courses around the state, check out www.alaskagolflinks.com.
Moose Run Golf Course. Moose Run offers two 18-hole, scenic courses; the Creek Course boasts the longest layout in the state and is more challenging than the Hill Course. Moose Run has an unusual hazard: moose and bears live in the nearby woods. Keep your eyes peeled for moose and bears, and if an animal ambles onto the green, by all means let it play through. 27000 Arctic Valley Rd., East Anchorage, Anchorage, AK, 99505. 907/428-0056. www.mooserungolfcourse.com. 18 holes. 7,324/5,183 yds. Par 72. Green fee: $49. Driving range, putting green, pitching area, golf carts, pull carts, rental clubs, pro shop, golf academy/lessons, restaurant.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel