Flightseeing in Anchorage
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This area is the state's air-travel hub. Plenty of flightseeing services operating out of city airports and floatplane bases can take you on spectacular tours of Mt. McKinley, the Chugach Range, Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park, and the Harding Icefield. Anchorage hosts the greatest number and variety of services, including companies operating fixed-wing aircraft, floatplanes, and helicopters.
Rust's Flying Service. An Anchorage company in business since 1963, Rust's will take you on narrated flightseeing tours of Mt. McKinley, Columbia Glacier, and Prince William Sound. Rust's also offers flights to the Alaska Peninsula for bear viewing, to various backcountry locations for one-to-three day fishing trips, and three- and five-night fly-in hiking trips to Denali National Park and Lake Clark National Park. The company also owns Talkeetna-based K2 Aviation. 4525 Enstrom Circle, West Anchorage, Anchorage, AK, 99502. 907/243–1595 or 800/544–2299. www.flyrusts.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe