Flightseeing in Anchorage
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This area is the state's air-travel hub. Plenty of flightseeing services operating out of city airports and floatplane bases can take you on spectacular tours of Mt. McKinley, the Chugach Range, Prince William Sound, Kenai Fjords National Park, and the Harding Icefield. Anchorage hosts the greatest number and variety of services, including companies operating fixed-wing aircraft, floatplanes, and helicopters.
Rust's Flying Service. An Anchorage company in business since 1963, Rust's will take you on narrated flightseeing tours of Mt. McKinley and Denali, Columbia Glacier, and Prince William Sound, as well as on flights to the Alaska Peninsula for bear viewing. Rust's recently started offering three- and five-night fly-in hiking trips to Denali National Park and Lake Clark National Park. The company also owns Talkeetna-based K2 Aviation. 4525 Enstrom Circle, West Anchorage, Anchorage, AK, 99502. 907/243-1595 or 800/544-2299. www.flyrusts.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
- $599 & up -- Balcony: 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Norwegian — $599 American Express Travel
- $299 & up -- 7-Night Alaska Cruise on Holland America — $299 American Express Travel
- $279 & up -- 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise on Princess from Vancouver — $279 American Express Travel