Mobile Travel Guide
Plan Your Mobile Vacation
Mobile is among Alabama’s oldest cities, celebrating its 300th birthday in 2002. Happily, despite 1960s urban renewal, many old, antebellum buildings still survive. Azaleas explode beneath Spanish moss–draped oak canopies, earning Mobile the name Azalea City. A little-known fact is that the country’s first Mardi Gras was here, and not in New Orleans. Residents exult in months rather than days of pre-Lenten merrymaking.
Several local hotels offer cruise packages that include lodging, parking for the duration of your cruise, and a shuttle to the cruise terminal. ...read more
Find the best Mobile restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My wife and I are from the UK and we flew from Manchester to Austin, Texas to begin our 14 day road trip. Read more
Bachslunch wrote a trip report about a visit to Montgomery in the spring of 2009. Read more