Getting Here and Around
Air Canada flies in summer from Anchorage through Vancouver to Whitehorse. Air North Yukon's Airline (yes, that's really the name), based in Whitehorse, offers direct, seasonal air service between Alaska and Canada, flying regular runs from Fairbanks (summer only), Dawson City, and Whitehorse.
To take in all the scenery along the way, you can drive yourself up the Alcan Highway, or let someone else do the driving on a bus tour. Alaska Direct Bus travels to Anchorage and Fairbanks year-round. Alaska/Yukon Trails provides tours from Whitehorse to Dawson City to Fairbanks. MGM Bus Services offers service from Inuvik to Whitehorse year-round when weather permits; charter trips are available. There are multiple rental-car companies, buses, and taxis in Whitehorse; Whitehorse Transit has a city bus circuit that will get you where you need to go.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe